by Brooke Cregan, staff writer
Brigadeiros are a heavenly bite of chocolate deliciousness that are served at every party in Brazil. Katrina Gorauskas’ dad grew up in Brazil and brought the recipe to his family. The signature ingredient is sweetened condensed milk, which is found in almost every Brazilian dessert. The Gorauskas family loves to celebrate the holidays with this mouth-watering treat that is a part of their culture.
To prepare you will need:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 heaping Tbsp of Nestle Quick
- 1 heaping Tbsp of Hershey’s Cocoa
1. In a heavy saucepan, mix chocolate with condensed milk and add the butter.
2. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly until you can see the bottom of the pan.
3. Continue to stir for another two minutes.
4. Pour onto a plate and let cool completely before you form the approximately one-inch spheres.
5. Butter your hands to form the small spheres.
6. Roll the balls in chocolate powder or sprinkles and place them into the small paper cups.
7. Now, they are ready to eat!